The Monday Top 5!
I owe two, since I didn't blog last week.
Top 5 reasons I have not yet knit a sweater:
1. Fear of blocking. So far I've never knit anything that requires blocking.
2. An irrational fear that one sleeve will end up longer than the other.
3. I always have multiple WIPs - something that takes as long to knit as a sweater will probably never get done (this is why I knit hats).
4. The thought of having to rip out something I've been working on for days horrifies me (again, why I knit hats - I do occasionally have to frog, but it's at most a couple hours' work).
5. In all likelihood I won't like how it turns out (especially if it turns out anything like my first hat, which would have fit King Kong), and it will be a huge waste of time and money.
My 5 knitting resolutions for 2006:
1. Get over it and knit a sweater. I'm trying to decide between the ballet wrap cardigan and the 4-3-2 ribbed pullover, both from the current IK. Leave a comment if you have an opinion as to which would be a better choice.
2. Get a hat website up and running. Last week, I had a little hat show and managed to sell 4 hats (Yippee!) - two that I had already made, and two custom orders. My dad has been encouraging me to start a side business. I've already got 7 of my own hat patterns designed, and I'm working on 3 new patterns. Obviously, for copyright reasons, I'm only selling hats that I designed myself.
3. Learn intarsia.
4. Do something that involves buttons and/or a zipper.