Pattern: OSW by Glampyre
1. 16" is the size I measured to, but my cousin is about a size smaller than I am. The recommended fit is very tight, and I wanted to make it a bit looser.
2. I worked the sleeves in 2x2 rib in the round, instead of seed stitch in rows. To get the right number of stitches, I had to omit the increases on the last two rows of the main part. The two stitches I lost on each sleeve would have been lost in seaming had I worked back & forth, so it amounted to the same thing.
3. I made the edgings about 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer than the pattern stated.
4. I had a very hard time picking up stitches. I am notoriously bad at this to begin with, plus I am lazy about dividing with markers to ensure evenness. I ended up getting 12 more stithes on each of the fronts than I was supposed to. It doesn't pucker or ruffle, though (see photo), so I don't care. Next time I will add a chain selvedge stitch on each side to make picking up stitches easier.
Now to make one for myself!