Six For Six
OK, Fall/Winter 2006 is officially the Season of Sweaters!* I am hereby committing myself to finishing six sweaters, one each for the last six months of 2006. (Yes, I am counting July, which I realize is mostly over. But I have a partially completed Mystery Sweater, and I see no reason why I can't finish it by the 31st.)
So, these are the sweaters I've decided on:
· July - The Mystery Sweater.
· August - A ribbed raglan for The Wibbles. I'm just going to wing it, using Ann Budd's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, plus my own tweak (ribbing based on the Fibonacci sequence). Lots of ease, so it will fit (hopefully) for at least two years. I'm gonna use some flannel grey Classic Elite Montera from my stash. Unless I totally cave and buy a bunch of Kureyon.
· September - The dark grey number from the upcoming VK.
· October - The Asymmetrical Cardigan from Knitting Nature. It's about time I started this! I swatched for it, like, twelve years ago.
· November - Either Demi or Elise from Rowan's Vintage Knits. I haven't decided which one yet. I'm leaning toward Elise, but if my Mystery Sweater ends up being a cardi or wrap cardi then I will probably make Demi instead.
· December - I've got a vision of a short-sleeved, heavily cabled sweater that's been sitting in my head for a few weeks. I'm hoping that, with the five sweaters I will have already made (and heavy use of my VK Ultimate Knitting Book and Montse Stanley's Knitter’s Handbook), I will have the knowledge and the confidence to make this idea into an actual sweater. (Hey, if not, I can always make the one I decided against for November.)
* If anyone else wants to join me in this insanity, let me know. If there’s enough interest, maybe I’ll start a knitalong.